A group of diverse #UMC bishops, clergy and laity recently met to cast a vision for a future expression of Methodism. If and when the General Conference adopts the “Protocol of Reconciliation and Grace through Separation,” we intend to form a new Methodist denomination that:
- Is passionate about Jesus and His gospel,
- Is characterized by Joy,
- Is truly GLOBAL in our mission, membership and leadership,
- Trusts the Bible, in which the living core of our faith is revealed,
- Loves everybody and welcomes all who respond to God’s love,
- Upholds core, historic, Methodist doctrines, ethics and mission,
- Works to eradicate racism, sexism, poverty and addiction,
- Values Wesleyan connectional community and accountability,
- Empowers women and people of color to lead the Church at every level,
- Takes deep discipleship and leadership formation seriously,
- Emphasizes the work of the Holy Spirit and
- Minimizes bureaucracy to maximize impact.
If you’re excited by this, then do three things: 1) sign up for updates at http://NewWesleyanDenomination.com, 2) share this post and 3) pray with us as we work toward achieving this God-given vision!